|Term||Permanent full time|
|Hours||9.00 am to 5.15 pm, and as required|
|Working week||Monday to Friday|
Handle the firm’s finances.
The role of the legal cashier is to be responsible for the firm’s financial matters and legal accountancy needs. The legal cashier will work with other members of the accounts team and the partners and will be tasked with processing account transactions. The work focuses on compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules with regards to office- and client balances, receipts, transfers and interest. The legal cashier may also be asked to assist with other matters such as marketing, HR and administration.
- Recording financial transactions using the firm’s case management software (The Partnership Suite)
- Drawing cheques, arranging bank transfers etc
- Preparing financial reports and accounts
- Preparing management information reports
- Paying authorised invoices
- Liaising with bankers as required and banking
- Balancing/reconciling office- and client bank accounts in accordance with SRA rules
- Opening/maintaining designated deposit accounts in accordance with SRA rules
- Controlling/operating the petty cash system
- Dealing with credit control
- General financial, legal and clerical administration
- Assisting with the firm’s payroll
- Any other tasks that might reasonably be required
- Minimum of six months previous experience working as a legal cashier
- Diploma in legal bookkeeping, legal cashiers approved foundation course
- Demonstrable knowledge of the SRA rules
- Excellent numeracy, bookkeeping and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Effective organisation skills, especially with respect to on-going management of large quantities of financial
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- A strong work ethic and willingness to undertake work as required
- An ability to work independently or as a team, without daily close supervision
- The ability to work efficiently and to deadline, including when under pressure
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and ideally The Partnership Suite
Every effort has been made to ensure that this is a full description of the tasks and responsibilities of this role. However, it is not an exhaustive list. The job description may be changed or developed at any time to reflect changes as required. However, changes will not be made without full consultation with the post-holder.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering note to Lorraine Whitfield – firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.